Everything you ever thought about toilet paper, “flushable” wipes, paper towels, and napkins……Might go down the drain right now!!!
Flushable Not So Flushable?
We covered 4 major products that people typically use to drain down the toilet and we’re about to see what happens when you flush these products down the toilet and into your drain.
The 4 Products We Tested:
- Toilet Paper (it’s in HIGH demand at the moment)
- Kleenex/Tissue (A single tissue)
- Paper Towels (A single sheet)
- “Flushable” Wipe (It smells good)
We put each product into a mason jar, mixed it up and let it sit in the jar for about 20 minutes.
Here Are The Results
- Toilet Paper: WINNER!!!
- Kleenex/Tissue: Even after shaking it up, it was fully intact.
- Paper Towels: It was also fully intact, keep in mind that we only used a single sheet of paper towel.
- “Flushable” Wipe: Since it’s considered “Flushable” we would think that it would disintegrate and again we only used one sheet of it. Clever marketing by the manufacturers right.
Now can all of these items go down the drain, sure, possibly, but what happens if there’s not enough water flow once these items get into your homes drain line???
Sometimes these items (other than the toilet paper) can STOP halfway down because they are carrying a heavier weight, they’re fully intact, and that is exactly what creates clogs.
And The Winner Is……
Toilet Paper!!! The undisputed champion. Isn’t that what it’s designed for anyway. Why of course. As you can tell it is completed disintegrated, it is literally mush.
Now if you have to use the other items out of necessity then we completely understand, but we highly recommend sticking to toilet paper.
For industry insights, announcements, and tips make sure to follow our blog at: olsonsuperior.com/blog